||12th century castle, in perfect state of conservation and maintenance, of about 1100 sqm., Completely independent and in maximum peace and tranquility, at 515 meters of altitude and surrounded by 27 hectares of greenery, among botanical gardens, park with old trees, meadows and woods. The property includes a farmhouse and a house used as caretakers, before the entrance gate of the park. Currently owned by an individual, it has been perfectly restored in the last few years with full respect for the original structure. The Castle is built in stone, on a rectangular plan, with a square angular tower edged with Guelph merlons. In the pediment you can still see the original joints of the bridge and the drawbridge.
The castle, of the twelfth century, was built as a strategic outpost to defend the Val Riglio. It was first owned by the Confalonieri, who appeared in Piacenza at the end of the eleventh century, to whom in 1393 Gian Galeazzo Visconti granted the feudal investiture of the lands that were already held in Piacenza. In 1492 the Confalonieri sold the castle to the powerful family of the Nicelli, lords for centuries of the Val Nure. Starting from 1842 it was then owned by the Marazzani counts. In 1944 he hosted the «Ursus» Detachment of the Val d'Arda Partisan Division. In 1955 it was bought by Msgr. Stefano Fumagalli, archpriest of San Polo, who, in 1957, donated it to the Ordinariate of the nuns who used it as a retirement home for the cloistered nuns.
The property is located on the first Piacenza hills half an hour from the motorway junction of Piacenza accessible from all over northern Italy. Can be used all year round due to the presence of a methane heating system.