Castle With Golf Field Near Milan | Agazzano, Piacenza | Nani Immobiliare

Back to search


Reference 413
Place Agazzano
Price Trattative riservate
Typology Castello
Square M. 3.000
Land 460.000 mq
Room 72

Description Castle of 3000 square meters. from the 13th century, composed of a outbuilding, a clubhouse, a 25,000 square meter park, with swimming pool, solarium and changing room; land for about 46 hectares, with woods of tall trees, 2 lakes and 9-hole golf course, bag room and tool shed. The fortalice, is inside a wonderful park between the Luretta valley and Tidone valley in defense of the salt road that from Bobbio, passing through Borgonovo, reached Milan. The name derives from a military fortress with a similar structure present in Val d'Aosta, called the Bastarda. The castle, composed of 72 rooms with rooms frescoed by renowned local artists of the 1700, has a rectangular plan, and is equipped with two square towers arranged diagonally on the outer perimeter. A third remaining tower, which is still the tallest, is in an asymmetric position on the north side, while a fourth, which is placed in the corner and obtained in the following period, is now used as a bell tower of the nearby oratory. Inside the castle there is a large courtyard with an elegant portico with nine arches, from which the staircase leading to the upper floor starts. A large area overlooking the entrance constituted in the post-medieval centuries the agricultural court, with an oratory and well-preserved rural tenements. Originally the castle housed a walkway on the ground floor that connected the corner towers. In the 16th century it was transformed into a residence, then, in the seventeenth century, magnificent rooms were built. Passing under the access arch, you enter the courtyard, decorated by the sixteenth-century porch with nine arches from which the baroque staircase leads to the upper floor. Here are the frescoed rooms: of particular value the gallery created by Gian Battista Ercole in the 18th century. The castle was enriched in the nineteenth century by the Italian garden, re-designed in 1905 by Luigi Ghezzi. On the arch of the entrance there is the stone coat of arms of the Trissino Da Lodi family. Built by the Scotti di Sarmato in the late era, more for reasons of prestige than defense, it belonged to the Anguissola and the Cremaschi until 1636, when during the Spanish invasion it was damaged by the Spanish militia. In 1667 the Cremaschi sold it to the Trissino da Lodi who undertook to keep it well. In the eighteenth century the Duke of Parma and Piacenza, promoted to the county the locality, together with Mirabello and Grintorto in favor of Francesco and Carlo Trissino, with the faculty of transmitting the title to the male descent. In July 1661 the catello was visited by the Duchess of Parma, Margherita Violante di Savoia, wife of Ranuccio II Farnese, the sixth duke of Parma and Piacenza. In August 1773 the Archduchess of Austria Maria Amalia of Hapsburg-Lorraine stayed in the castle. Between 800 and 900 the passion for art and culture of the Trissino da Lodi family led to the hosting of various writers and artists in the castle, including Giuseppe Verdi. The Castle is 15 km away from Piacenza and 70 from Milan and is easily accessible thanks to its proximity to the Milan-Bologna and Turin-Piacenza motorways.


Request information for this structure
Fields marked with * are mandatory